1. Applicants for Individual Representative or Nominee Representative must: -
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a Singapore citizen/PR or a foreigner with a valid Work Permit or Employment Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower; and
- obtain at least 3 GCE "O" Level credit passes.
2. A corporate applicant, which is a company registered with the Registrar of Companies, must have a minimum paid-up capital of S$25,000 at the time of application and must maintain the same level of paid-up capital during throughout its registration with the Agent Registration Board.
3. Applicant must possess these professional qualifications : -
- Certificate in General Insurance (CGI), or the following:
- Basic Insurance Concept & Principles (BCP)
- Personal General Insurance (PGI)
- Commercial General Insurance (ComGI)
- Health Insurance (HI)
Or other acceptable qualifications in lieu of CGI.
4. Applicant should have at least 2 years’ experience in the General Insurance industry.